Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Adventures in MFW Weeks 5-10

We're halfway done with week 10. Here's some pictures of the fun we've had.. 

In July, we enjoyed Art Week at our local library and a field trip to the art museum. We made little clay sculptures at the museum along with a different art project each day we were at the library. 



We made homemade butter!!! I have "arrived", ;) it was actually pretty good and we used it all up within a couple of weeks. MFW has simple, quick AND easy projects to go along with whatever subject we're studying. We've been on Colonial Times for a few weeks. 

Happy Fourth!!!! We made a flag cake and patriotic decorations to celebrate our great Nation's birthday!


Funny, we were studying Pilgrims the weeks of July 4th! She may be scarred for life," but Mom, you told me the pilgrims landed on the 4th of July when I was in second grade" oops! I didn't really but I hope she wasn't too confused, we will go over it again Thanksgiving week!


Today, we made berry ink and wrote with a quill feather. This weeks subject.. the Declaration of Independence!!!! Here she is with her 'John Hancock' 

Yankee Doodle went to town,
Riding on a pony,
Stuck a feather in his hat and called it macaroni!

Mom and Dad went down to camp 
Along with Captain Gooding,
There we saw the men and boys,
As thick as Hasty Pudding!

Did you know that a 'macaroni' was a fancy hat worn in England? Not pasta? I didn't! And what is 'hasty pudding'? We know now! And wasn't too bad either, it's very,very thick. We ate some for lunch that she made 'in haste',just like they did during the time of the American Revolution. It's sort of like mushy cornbread. 


Our little man turned 4 this week!!! We started pre K last week and he is doing great! I am so very proud of him too. We've worked on a couple colors, sorting and stacking, doing left to right activities for reading readiness and worked on hand-eye coordination. And he's learned his months of the year and sounds absolutely adorable saying them too! 





And I want to add this last pic just because I think they look so cute;)



1 comment:

  1. Just now catching up on my blogs! Love all the updates on yours! Keep at it and I will too.

    ReplyDelete